Monday 18 January 2016

Keeping the Ball Rolling

I know: the title is dated and cliched, but I couldn't think of anything more appropriate to describe recent events.

As you're aware, and due to injury, Anita has withdrawn from the Last Two Degrees trip. I wish her well and sincerely hope she recovers soon and starts planning and training for future events.

In the meantime, my training pushes on. Yesterday, 17th January 2016, the weather turned and some long awaited snow finally arrived. Like Scott, Shackleton, Fiennes, etc, I squealed like a girl and dashed out into the garden. Imagine my surprise when I found only a couple of inches of snow and not a knee deep coating extending out to the horizon.

Looking to the hills, I caught sight of the snow-capped domes beckoning me. Again, the covering was simply not of a sufficient depth to support skis and pulk.

No worries, I loaded up my trusty tyres and hit the trails, hard!

Snow, snow and more snow. Oh, and a couple of guys wrapped in mountaineering gear and commenting how unusual it was to see someone pulling tyres through the woods. Yeah, that was one of the few moments when I've been left speechless. One of them even took a photo of me, no doubt to entertain, or terrify, his friends and family!

Anyway, here's a few shots from the training session.

Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment