Monday 7 December 2015

Drag time!! Women v tyre




Another day another drag.  There is just no elegant way to put this. I sweated my bits off.  Three bricks in the tyre and I went out from the gate fast.  I had two drag buddies this time. So we had representatives from Sri Lanka and the Philippines in our tyre community.

This was a light weights speed drag of three miles and it was a killer.  My friend from Sri Lanka went up to a tyre size in-between Tiny and Tina which is the equivalent of Tiny with two bricks.  I am so impressed with her that she almost managed the whole three miles before we swopped tyres and put some weight in the bigger one - just for me thanks friend lol. But at least she then understood my feeling of running in a dream but getting nowhere (and at least not being naked - it is not just me having those dreams btw!!!)

My friend from the Philippines who has done fitness for a while didn't really get the full effect as it was her first time so she did the first mile and a bit with no brick, but when she put a brick in and hit the pier area she could really feel the drag - so guess who's going to be joining us tonight


 

 


Just sent the pictures to my company's news letter as unfortunately they won't sponsors us which is a real shame, but they would like to feature us.  And next week I'm off to my other job, and guess what the first question was with the guy that I'm swapping with - have you got any tyres.  I'm sure he thought I was a nut job. Nothing new there then

1 comment: