Wednesday 16 December 2015

Not so glamorous sweetie darling


I'm sick and tired of all those fitness photos that show women in tiny shorts and bras looking perfect without a hair out of place, tanned and full makeup. This is not real life. 

If you do a really hard work out you will look like absolute crap - but amazing afterwards. You will dry heave. You will go bright red. You will sweat your bits off, and feel like calling it a day every step of the way - but you keep going. This is real fitness training. 

As you can see by the glamorous picture below I did a tyre drag around the base.  This is what real fitness looks like. This was my first drag around here and boy was it hard work.  I have a long term lease of the tyre from the EOD gym, and thank god it already had holes drilled in it. So because I had my ropes and carabinas (have rope will travel) I was ready to go. 

Well as soon as I hit the surface here, which is rough interlock bricks that gives the highest level of friction I have come across, I realised I was in for a hard one.  The tyre was slightly smaller than Tina (the SUV size) but wider and all the way round I had to take tiny steps just to move the bloody thing, with a harness that I had made out of a camelbak digging into me due to the drag. I could only make two and a half miles. I felt like I was a complete beginner again but I just kept going.  There was a  ship in which gave them something to look at with the three laps I did.  Don't think they have seen anything like it before, and must have thought I was crazy with all the swearing and muttering under my breath. 

So don't be embarrassed of looking like the swamp thing. You earnt every bead of sweat, every hair out of place, every dry heave!








No comments:

Post a Comment