Monday 26 October 2015

Ice ice baby





Tyres - check -  (and not arrested for them)
Rope - check -  from the climbing wall just as they were doing a swap out of old rope.
Eye bolts - check - brought from the UK hoping they would fit - yes they do!


Its all coming together finally and with help which is really appreciated to all the people that have dug in along the way.

Its amazing how many people are helping out - even an American (I know he won't take offence) armed with a drill to make the holes in tyres, who might even join me in pulling training tyres :)

After my rant last post its back to the polar trip

On the 4th April we will be hitting the white stuff. Then from Ice Station Barneo - which already sounds like its out of a horror film, we are being picked up by a HIP MI-8 helicopter. By the look of the helicopter it has probably been around since the cold war was in full swing. Then having all our kit dropped in the middle of nowhere, and left to our own devises to make it unsupported to the North Pole.

Pulling all of my kit behind me in a pulk, that weighs more than me, with everything that you're going to need to keep you alive - literally. As if the stove breaks its end of trek, if the tent blows away its end of trek.... You get the idea.  But the best bit is that includes loads and loads of chocolate (yay) I hope it all lasts for the 2-3 weeks, as if you haven't guessed I'm a complete chocoholic.


No comments:

Post a Comment