Thursday 19 November 2015

Not all tyres are created equal



Who would have thought that dragging tyres you become a connoisseur of what tyre to use and when.  I now have 3 different size of tyres to choose from, and yes I've named them (as you do). But I have called them other things as I go round dragging them which I won't repeat :)

There is Tommy - hes the one at centre of the picture - he's not quite a tractor tyre so a small truck size.  He's the daddy.  I will be doing short drags with him for strength training

Next there's Tina - shes the one next to Tommy on the right.  Shes a SUV size tyre.  I see using her by herself soon or putting one of the smaller tyres on the end when I progress.

Next there are two of roughly the same size - Teeny and Tiny. Normal car size tyres. These are the ones I'm working mostly with at the moment. Putting increasing numbers of concrete blocks in, then going up to Tina size and gradually progressing.

Oh and I did a 3 miler two days ago around the base with Tiny and 3 concrete bricks.  Getting some real progress going.  My dragging buddy did a two miler and did part of it with one brick - that's amazing progress for somebody who has done hardly ever any fitness - WELL DONE!!

2 comments: